Sunday, May 24, 2009

More Testimonies

Greetings from Glasgow, Scotland! Here are a few more testimonies from Belfast and most recently, Glasgow. Enjoy!

Before leaving Belfast, I ran into a girl who we prayed with over the weekend. She was with two friends shopping around town. She said she had been using the wordless book to tell her friends about Jesus. She asked if I could tell the story again for the two girls with her, so as I was sharing God's story, the one girl said, "how can I know this Jesus?" So, right there in front of the shops, these girls accepted Him into their lives. The joy on their faces definitely reflected the joy in their hearts!

-April Yates

God has been doing amazing things lately. Last Friday, Lucas and I ran after a guy walking down the street. We talked with him for a while about Jesus. At first he said he was an atheist and then he said that religion was just something put in place by the government to keep society under control. So we talked with him some more. God really used us to speak into his life, and we both shared pieces of our testimonies with him. He finally started to open up about his life and said that his girlfriend had dumped him a year ago. Since then, he'd been looking for something to bring him happiness, so he tried ecstasy, drinking, sex and even tried to commit suicide three times. But each time, the attempts failed or someone found him before it was too late. He said the doctors were amazed he was still alive. In fact, the reason he even met us was because he accidentally got off at the wrong bus stop. As we talked to him, he began to put the pieces together and realized how much God really had protected him. That night, standing on the streets of Belfast, Peter gave his life to the Lord. Lucas and I have been able to talk to him several times since then and it has been amazing. Lucas said he had never met someone who'd had such a hard life, but now that he has given his life to God, I have great hopes for him. God has protected him this long for a reason and I'm excited to see what He does with Peter's life.

-Katie Martin

After we had just finished outreach at Primark in Belfast, a couple of us went to a cafe called the FEED Cafe to help hand out cards and witness on the streets. I went across the street and began talking to four young boys from around the Belfast area and as I began to tell them about the love of Jesus, the boys asked me if I could get them contacts to the Bronx because they wanted to go their to be in gangs. These boys were wanting to understand how and why gangs fight and said they just have an interest in it. That's how all of the conversation started. So we went into the cafe and talked for two hours about the cross, sin and the blood of Jesus.

At first they were distracted and really didn't want to talk about Jesus but Jesus told me not to give up so I continued to speak into their hearts. I could feel they were really listening because their eyes were fixed on me. Then I asked them if they would like to make Jesus their Lord and Savior and they said they would think about it. I could tell they were afraid because their friend walked in and then they just all got up and left. Right before their friend walked in, they knew in their hearts that life is short. After they left, I was honestly mad at myself and I aked God to forgive me and I told him to watch over them. After, Aaron and I were talking and the next thing I knew, a young girl said "your friends are back," and the boys came back to accept Christ into their lives!

-Matthew Glover

During the church service at Glasgow Elim, a few DTS students and I got the chance to go lead a youth service for kids ages 11 to 14 and it was so amazing! We started off with a few worship songs and testimonies and then broke off into one-on-one discussion. I got paired with a 12 year old girl named Victoria and we were so much alike, not to mention her nickname is Tori. She began to ask questions about her relationship with God and her struggles and I was able to encourage her from my life experiences. She was so open and genuine and God gave me such a heart to speak into her life. It was even more exciting because a lady had prophesied over me that I would be used to speak into the lives of young women who were going through the same things that I had experienced! I can't wait to see how God uses me in the future-- Jesus is so rad!

-Tori Smith

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know some of your experiences. It just never gets old hearing about people coming to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stories bring both tears and goosebumps! God has had an amazing impact through each of you and it will be exciting to see what happens next! Praying for your daily! Hugs to my Tori!

    ReplyDelete